The Phillips

Friday, January 30, 2009

Where has the time gone!!









Well I would like to apologize for the length of time from my last post, I will try not to let it go that long again. I cannot believe it has already been 3 months since Nathaniel has been born. It is absolutely amazing watching him grow day by day, and now, how he is interacting with Jack and I so much. He has been rolling over for about a month already, and he is weighing in at 15 lbs. I am talking baby talk 24/7, but it is so much fun especially when Nathan talks back like he knows what I am saying.

I have been back to work, for a month now and it was so hard going back. I miss Nathaniel so much when I have to leave for the day but I know he is in good hands, with Jack taking care of him. Jack is currently in between jobs, so please keep him in your prayers, that the Lord will provide him with a job that he can use all of his very many talents. With going back to work I started giving Nathaniel a little formula in his bottles, basically 3oz breastmilk and 2oz formula. Only to find out he is allergic to cows milk. So for a couple weeks there, I had no idea what was wrong with him. Let me tell you, that is terrible. Knowing that something is wrong with your child, and yet you have no clue what it is. He was a totally different boy once we switched him to a hypoallergenic formula, but with the price being what it is it sure better make a difference.
On another note, I had my scariest moment yet since Nathaniel has been born. Jack was gone for the morning a few days ago, and I had just got done feeding and changing Nathaniel. I had him lying on the floor watching cartoons. I had to grab something out of the garage but when I tried to get back in I realized the door had locked behind me. NOT GOOD!! I ran around the back of the house with just my house slippers on and up the back deck, to look in the window and see Nathan still just as content as could be, watching tv. I felt the worst feeling ever, staring at your child through a window knowing you can't get in the house. AWFUL! So I ran to every house in our culdesac and not a single sole was home until the very last house I tried. By then my feet were near frostbit but luckily that was the last of my concerns. Jack was at his parents which was at estimated 35 minutes away, fortuantely the neighbors (ones that were not home at the time) had a spare key. So we were able to get a hold of Mike and he came from work (only 5 minutes away) and unlocked my door. Thank you Mike!! I came inside, now starting to cry, only to find my son looking up at me laughing, like nothing had even happened!!

Well, just wanted to put up some pictures and let you all know that everything is going great. Nathaniel is the cutest baby on earth (I know, I know every mom says that about their child), with an unbelievable personality. I can not even remember my life before him and personally I don't want to. My life is better than I could have ever imagined and way better than I deserve. I feel like I have been given the best two gifts there are to recieve, my husband who is not only wonderful and perfect to me, but is the best father a child could ask for, and then Nathaniel, who one day I hope and pray will know just how great GOD is!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I am glad that I finally got to see some pics of your not so little guy..anymore...he looks so happy. I know how it goes with the formula we trialed formula and switched around for almost 5 weeks...after a frustrating breast feeding experience...Levi is lactose intolerant. Jack called last night about this summer, we would love to come hang out with you guys and get Levi and Nathaniel used to the water! I can not wait for warmer weather...

February 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

I love the pics shell, keep them coming!!! Your little guy isn't so little anymore. Happy to hear that Nathaniel is happy and healthy!! Can't wait to see you!

February 9, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones